Adobe Acrobat 9 eSeminar Thursday
Lori Defurio, product manager and evangelist at Adobe, will be presenting a one hour online seminar on Acrobat 9 Thursday, June 26th at 9:00AM PT/12:00PM ET and again at 12:00PM PT/3:00PM ET. Click here to register.
The title of the seminar is “Redefine the Way You Communicate” – Lori will discuss how Acrobat and PDF help you be more productive in your day-to-day tasks. She will cover quite a range of topics including Acrobat’s built-in workflows for collecting feedback – either feedback in a fillable PDF form, or feedback on documents as part of a review.
- Web capture – reviewing, archiving, and sharing information, you can stay a lot more organized.
- Customized PDF Portfolios – quickly add navigation, multimedia files, and even custom branding to all your combined documents. See my example below.
- Adobe Presenter software – create recorded presentations you share as a PDF document.
- Create interactive forms in a few simple steps, so you can quickly collect and track all your information.
- New collaboration capabilities such as synchronized reviews, you can keep everyone on the same page.
This will be a great intro to the new Acrobat 9 features. To whet your appetite, here are a few links to get you going:
- Lori’s blog post about Acrobat 9 release
- Joel Geraci, Adobe Evangelist, post on Acrobat 9
- Joel’s new blog specific to Acrobat 9
- Acrobat 9 Home Page (be sure to watch the demos at the top of the page)
- Online tour of new Acrobat 9 features
Below is a screenshot of a portfolio PDF I created using Acrobat 9 from a few high-res digital images. I customized the headers, layout, colors, etc. I can now share this PDF with anyone running Acrobat 9 or Reader 9. This is a great example of how Flash has been integrated into PDFs. This and other capabilities will be covered in Lori’s session. Check it out!