Crazy contest for 5 millionth sample viewed in Tour de Flex
Since we launched Tour de Flex at MAX last November, we’ve had fun watching the count of samples viewed climb to unforeseen heights. Now we are quickly approaching 5 million views so we’ve decided to have a little fun.
Recently, I added a live sample counter to the quick start page (We will blog about how we used LiveCycle DS publish/subscribe messaging to create the counter very soon).
Here’s the deal: If you are one of the first three people to email a screenshot of the counter at exactly 5,000,000 to the email address below, you win a Mino HD Flip Camera! Depending on the time of day we reach 5,000,000, this might be tough! The rate of samples being viewed peaks at about 80 per minute! The winning number may only display for a fraction of a second.
- The screenshot must be made of the desktop version of Tour de Flex. Screenshots of the web version will not be accepted.
- The screenshot must contain the entire application window.
- NO photoshopped fakes! We’ll know! We have secret technology! 😉
- The screenshot must be emailed to email@example.com within 5 minutes of being captured. After prizes are awarded, we will delete all received emails from the gmail account to protect your email address. Your email address will not be used for anything other than award notification.
- If you capture a perfect 5,000,000, the email subject should be “5 million”
- If you capture something very close, the email subject should be “So close!”. We will ignore these unless nobody captures the perfect 5,000,000.
- The first 3 emails received with a screenshot of 5,000,000 win a MinoHD Flip Camera! ($200USD value!)
- If nobody captures the 5,000,000th view, the prizes will be awarded to the next closest attempts, so if you miss the 5 million mark but capture something really close, submit it.
- If the counter malfunctions or goes offline, no prize will be awarded. We’ve worked hard to make sure that the counter can handle a large number of viewers but the load is unpredictable, so who knows what will happen!
Why are we doing this?
- For fun of course!
- To promote Flex and show off publish/subscribe messaging with LiveCycle DS and BlazeDS. Just wait and see what we are going to do with the data feed next week!