CFUnited Session: Adding real-time data visualization to your application or website
On Friday, I’m presenting a session at CFUnited titled, “Adding real-time data visualization to your application or website“. In this session, I’m going to demonstrate how to take data from your web site or application and turn it into a real-time data feed that can be used to feed a dashboard that will impress your boss! 😉
- Explore multiple techniques to tap into your app/site’s activity data (swf, “magic png”, server-side, etc.)
- Learn how to convert an IP Address to latitude, longitude, city and country
- Use ColdFusion’s sendGatewayMessage() to broadcast the data
- Learn how to configure publish/subscribe messaging using BlazeDS (included with CF9) and LiveCycle Data Services (I’ll explain the differences)
- Learn how to build amazing data visualizations using Adobe Flex
- Take a deep dive into two visualization examples:
- Use Google Map Flash 3D APIs (amazing features)
- Use IBM ILOG Elixir’s heat map component and gauges
I’ll be sharing the full source-code for the whole thing.
CFUnited Session: 7/30 Friday 3:15PM – 4:15PM Ballroom A
I hope to see you there!